This page contains details for our Umbraco Azure training course. For information on our Level 2 developer class please visit the course page.
This one day course includes everything you need to know to deploy Umbraco into Azure and implement load balancing and auto scaling for highly available websites.
Moriyama courses are hands on with exercises performed on your laptop during the course so that you apply the concepts learned in the classroom once back at work. After the course you’ll take away a detailed course exercise book in a format that you can follow step by step - this helps the concepts taught to stick in memory and acts as a convenient reference guide as you master Umbraco and Azure.
The course is structured to allow generous amounts of time for Q&A - so that each student is able to take away the specifics from the course that they need to progress their projects.
We don't currently have any courses scheduled - Umbraco 7.3 is changing how Umbraco is deployed into Azure and we are updating our course accordingly.
Don't see your region?
Upon request we will schedule a course either at our offices in London or Liverpool - or on site at your premises.
Courses are all priced at £675+ VAT per student.
This is a one day course that takes place between 9am and 5pm. During the course we will cover the following topics:
- Umbraco architectural overview
- Azure architectural overview
- Accessing the Azure portal
- SQL Azure - and migrating databases to SQL Azure
- General cloud concepts, Scaling, Redundancy and Statelessness
- Deploy Umbraco to an Azure webapp with WebDeploy
Lunch (included in the cost of the course)
- Configuring Umbraco for load balancing and Scaling
- Multi region deployments and Traffic manager
- Configuring Umbraco to use a CDN
- VMs, Cloud Services and Webapps - alternative deployment strategies
- Understanding Azure costings
- Umbraco and Azure support, current past and future versions
- Umbraco.com (Umbraco as a service)
This course is intended for .NET developers and web infrastructure specialists.
Before attending the course you should have:
- Built at least one Umbraco website
- Be comfortable working with an Umbraco website within Visual studio
- Have a good working knowledge of ASP.NET MVC and C#
- Have previously setup Umbraco in a traditional hosting environment using IIS and SQL server.
Praise For Our Courses
A fantastic course with a great instructor. Darren helped with any queries we had and any problems that there were.
It was really good to be trained by an experienced and affable practitioner. Thankyou.
Darren's Knowledge of the subject matter and surrounding subject areas was fantastic. The information was clear, concise, presented well and the methods taught were extremely useful (i.e. they were not some vague facet of the system but were real world techniques).
On Site Training
You provide the meeting room and projector, and we provide the course at your office. You save out-of-office time and travel expense for all students. On site training is available for groups of 6 students or more.
Please contact us for more details.
The policies below apply to UK courses only - terms for overseas courses will be agreed with the student on a per course basis.
Completion of the course registration form is a commitment to attend and pay for the course.
Should the student choose to cancel their booked training for whatever reason, the following charge will apply:
- Up to one month before the course - 10% charge
- Within 28 days of the course - 50% charge
- Within 14 days of the course - 75% charge
- Within 7 days of the course - 100% charge
Your course booking cannot be moved from one date and location to another without our consent.
How much does training cost?
Our courses cost £675+VAT per student. The price includes the course, lunch/light refreshments.
Do I need to pay VAT?
VAT is applicable to all of our courses delivered in the UK.
How long do the courses last?
The courses run for one day from 9am until 5pm.
Who does the training?
Training in the UK is provided by Darren Ferguson or Marc Goodson. Darren is a trainer who has worked with Umbraco since 2006. Marc has been working with Umbraco since 2011, and supporting and training content professionals on a range of CMS products since 2004.
What shall I bring?
Bring a windows laptop. You will need to have a modern web browser installed and be able to connect to a WiFi network.
Can you provide me with a laptop for the course?
We are unable to provide laptops, you will need to bring your own.
Where do you provide training?
We are based in London and Liverpool but are usually willing to travel anywhere to provide training.