|Extending the Umbraco backoffice||Manchester, United Kingdom||Sept 19, 2017||€800||Register now!|
|Extending the Umbraco backoffice||London, United Kingdom||Oct 17, 2017||€800||Register now!|
|Extending the Umbraco backoffice||Manchester, United Kingdom||Nov 07, 2017||€800||Register now!|
Attending the course grants you access to the Extending the Umbraco backoffice Certification test.
Target Audience: Umbraco Developers
Duration: 1 day
What will I learn?
Customise the Umbraco back-office to give content editors the best CMS experience ever. Build great websites with a tailored user experience for your editors. Customise and extend the Umbraco back-office with custom components using Angular JS.
Workbooks and plenty of exercises are provided but we leave plenty of time for discussion. This is a hands on course where you will be building a real Umbraco solution.
We love talking and teaching Umbraco so feel free to bring up topics and problems you may have run into.
The class will cover:
- Basics: What is an Umbraco property editor
- Making Umbraco usable for the editor
- Required fields
- Field validation
- Useful help and error messages
- The default property editors - and choosing the right one
- Shall I use a textbox, dropdown or slider?
- Introduction to Umbraco grid layout
- Introduction to Umbraco property editors and Angular JS
- Angular – model binding to Umbraco data
- Building your own Umbraco property editors
- Simple property editors
- Consuming external data
- Creating and customising Umbraco list views
- Creating custom Umbraco dashboards
- Document type composition and inheritance
After the this one day course, you'll learn that Umbraco is a developer's best friend and you’ll be an Umbraco heavyweight!
Learn from the best
All certified Umbraco trainers know their way around the Umbraco source code, and have several years of Umbraco development and implementation experience. They know the real-life challenges you have with working with Umbraco, and love to share their knowledge.
- You should bring your own laptop
- Computers that are locked down by IT have a history of causing problems, so ensure that you have user rights to run a web project on your machine
Before attending this course you should have a basic understanding of the following topics (with some practical application):
- Umbraco Document types and templates
- Creating content in the Umbraco UI
Praise for our courses
Everything I learned will prove very helpful towards coding within (and extending on) Umbraco in future. My teacher provided many tips and advice that will prove very useful (even helping with information outside the scope of the work specifically covered in the course).
I'd definitely recommend the course to any friends or associates.