|Umbraco, Visual Studio and MVC||London, United Kingdom||Feb 21, 2018||€800||Register now!|
|Umbraco, Visual Studio and MVC||Bristol, United Kingdom||Mar 07, 2018||€800||Register now!|
|Umbraco, Visual Studio and MVC||London, United Kingdom||April 11, 2017||€800||Register now!|
|Umbraco, Visual Studio and MVC||Glasgow, United Kingdom||April 25, 2017||€800||Register now!|
Attending the course grants you access to the Umbraco MVC Certification test.
Target Audience: .NET developers
Duration: 1 day
What will I learn?
Workbooks and plenty of exercises are provided but we leave plenty of time for discussion.
We love talking and teaching Umbraco so feel free to bring up topics and problems you may have run into.
The class will cover:
- Solution Setup
- Umbraco 7 in a Visual Studio project
- Install and upgrade using Nuget
- Models - using and extending Umbraco model data
- Models builder
- Providing custom ViewModels
- Controllers - adding our own logic before a page is rendered
- Custom Controllers
- Route Hijacking
- Forms, Surface Controllers (custom MVC forms in Umbraco)
- Create custom forms in Visual Studio
- Combine Surface Controllers and Macros
- Set up form validation
- The Umbraco API
- Learn how to utilise Content, Media and Relations services
- Publish content from a form
- Create folders and Media items programmatically
- Events - and the Umbraco event model
- RESTful applications - creating easy to use API endpoints
- Use the extended Umbraco ASP.NET WebAPI
- Execute tasks asynchronously with jQuery
- Debugging - tips and tools for debugging
- Step through your code with breakpoints
- Examine and execute requests with Tracing
- Collect performance statistics with the Mini profiler
After the this one day course, you'll learn that Umbraco is a developer's best friend and you’ll be an Umbraco heavyweight!
Who should take this course?
Developers who know their way around Visual Studio and understand the basic concepts of .NET, C# and Umbraco.
Learn from the best
All certified Umbraco trainers know their way around the Umbraco source code, and have several years of Umbraco development and implementation experience. They know the real-life challenges you have with working with Umbraco, and love to share their knowledge.
- We require that you have Visual Studio 2015 or 2013 (The free community edition is sufficient)
- We expect the course attendee to have experience in working with Visual Studio, ASP.NET and coding in either C# or VB.NET, all exercises are provided in C#
- Computers that are locked down by IT have a history of causing problems, so ensure that you have user rights to run a web project on your machine
Before attending this course you should have a basic understanding of the following topics (with some practical application):
- Object Object-oriented programming
- Visual Studio
- ASP.NET and MVC
- Umbraco Document types and templates
- Creating content in the Umbraco UI
The course isn't suitable for students without a working knowledge of Object-oriented programming concepts (Constructors, Methods, Properties etc.)
Praise for our courses
(The teacher was) Easy to talk to and ask questions of. Very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable about the product.
Really enjoyed the course. Was a great insight to Umbraco.